WELCOME to my blog - glad you could visit!

Hi. I'm Pia. And here is where I post stuff.
(with spelling errors - sorry).
Hope you enjoy your stay!!



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

How to colour co-ordinate your day

Let's be honest, I never thought it would happen to me. And if it was going to happen to me, it was going to be, you know, when I was old. Really old. But in truth, it was never actually going to happen to me.

I was cruising in my car after dropping off Adam for the morning and was checking my reflection on the mirror before dashing into Woolies when it happened. At first I wasn't sure if I was seeing correctly. I thought it was the light catching my hair in a strange way. While trying to steer the car and keep one eye on the road, I frantically fluffed and refluffed my hair. To no avail. While still driving, I managed to locate the sodding, no-good, worthless, good-for nothing strand of hair and pulled it, nay yanked it, from my scalp (I can still feel the tingle). Swapping hands on the steering wheel, I held it up with my right hand to the light - still hoping that it was an old highlighted strand of hair. But NO!!! The bright morning light confirmed my suspicions. It was grey. Well, kind-of silver. Aaah, who am I kidding. It was grey.

And it was bloody long too (close to 20cm) which means that it has been lurking undercover for a long time. I quickly ruffled my hair (still driving) and, sod it, found two more. Both of similar length. Words cannot convey my devastation. How I got to Woolworths in once piece I'll never know.

I have had the day to think it over and I think that, judging by the length of the hairs, they must have started growing right around the time Adam was born. It's true then. Children do give you grey hairs. I can't bloody believe it.

At least the weather, my hair and my mood were nicely colour co-ordinated today.

8 comments:

purpleronnie said...

OMG Pia you make me laugh so much girl! I dread that day so much which is why i regularly have my hair colour coordinated by my hairdresser in order to disguise anything resembling greyness.

Anonymous said...

Wait until you have got as many as me. Then you will have cause to worry. And in any event they are not grey but mature silver.

Sue said...

hee-hee - has to happen to us all sometime!! I'm just glad I'm kinda blonde...

xxx

Anonymous said...

Don't stress about it honey, it could be worse - you could be going bald! :)

Wendy said...

ha ha you are so funny. get at that dye bottle. I have had many a grey hair since 23. I just dye them. what really preturbs me is that the grey ones seem so wiry and thick.
does this mean when we are totally grey our hair will be thick and wiry sticking out at all angles. I cant even contemplate it aaaarrrrggggg

Anonymous said...

You are just maturing like a good bottle of red wine.

Anonymous said...

They say for every one you pull out,6 more will grow. So leave them alone, Pia, or you will grow greyer faster than you would care to.
But grey hairs are hard earned, almost badges of honour, My first grey hairs appeared when I started teaching, at about 20 years old!!

Fiona said...

You make me laugh hysterically Pia. I just love the photos of Adam, no wonder you just keep snapping, they are just so natural hey? Do yourself a favour and go to www.pioneerwoman.com and see what she does with photoshop. She is bloody marvellous and she tells you how to do lots of things. I love her site too. Nana Fi xxx


The Fan-Damily

Site Meter