WELCOME to my blog - glad you could visit!

Hi. I'm Pia. And here is where I post stuff.
(with spelling errors - sorry).
Hope you enjoy your stay!!



Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pia's "fency" new camera

I FINALLY did it!! After months of planning and weeks of agonizing I have finally handed over all my pennies and bought my new little baby. The baby in question is a Digital SLR camera (doesn't that sound sooo fency?). And I think I am the bees knees with it slung around my neck!! Couldn't be cooler.

Of course, I don't have a clue how to use it. I am going on a one-day course in February as an introduction to the camera, and then plan to do a full course in April (once I know more and have practiced a little bit).

In the mean time I am going a little snappy happy. Luckily the camera is very SLR-dummy-friendly and has an autofocus that allows anyone to point and shoot. Which is what I have been doing. A lot. To the extent that Adam starts to cry when he sees it. Well, not cry exactly. But gets very demanding and moans until I put it down. Brat. He has already learnt that it irritates me when he runs behind my back so that I can't take a photo of him!

Here are some of my photos of my favourite subject:

The Cool Dude - Checking out the neighbourhood

One little smile for mommy (but only because mommy is shouting frantically for me to get out of the road... and it is funny when mommy shouts like that...)

Highly annoyed because he can't shake or pull open the gates to the complex

Out the way mommy... I'm taking a sharp corner!!! Supper time and food all over the face Playing outside with his trusty bucket
Deep in thought. Still with trusty bucket. Another little smile for mommy (actually, it was because he spotted Peter Rabbit, but we won't split grey hairs) My photoshop is on its way and I will soon learn how to photoshop the drool away, until then... well, he's a toddler. He drools. Deal with it.

That's all for now. If the last few days are anything to go by, there will be plenty of photos on the way. Anyone who would like to offer up their children as practice subjects let me know - Adam's a really bad-tempered model!









4 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on your new investment! I wish it was mine! I am sure that it will bring your hours of happiness. I'm happy to offer my son's services whenever you need them!!

Happy snapping!
XXX

PS. Adam will get bored of moaning and will eventually let you snap away! What course are you doing in April?

purpleronnie said...

I am so excited for you! I cant' wait to have a baby to offer up - so get that cam ready in July for my first studio shots!

Your pics are lovely - he is such a beautiful boy with such a beautiful smile!

xx

Anonymous said...

Snap - we have also just purchased a Digital Camera / SLR - and am looking forward to taking loads of pics with it. I see Adam has stunning Peter Rabbit tiebacks in his room, have seen some but not as nice as those, and Embryo to Eight has closed down - where did you get those? Nicci x

Wendy said...

I know your "fency" new camera is going to open lots of doors for you and give you great pleasure. already your photos are fabuous. I love the ones with adam and his bucket and the one in the road. You can just see he knows its naughty.


The Fan-Damily

Site Meter