WELCOME to my blog - glad you could visit!

Hi. I'm Pia. And here is where I post stuff.
(with spelling errors - sorry).
Hope you enjoy your stay!!



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things Change

Sometimes I look around me and I don't recognize where I am. It is a very strange feeling. I don't recognize my house or my furniture. I don't quite know how I got to where I am today.

Things change and I am so busy running around (or sitting and daydreaming) that I miss the subtle changes. And the next time I take a really good look around, all those little changes have added up to one big difference. For example, I used to love my couch and cushions. But I haven't really looked at them in a long time. Now, when I take a good look at them, the couch is looking worn and the cushions are flat and faded. When did that happen? When did the walls get dirty? When did the table get scratched?

Another change that I know is happening, but often forget about, is the rate of knots at which Adam is growing. When we brought him home from the hospital, he slept in his cot and took up about 5% of the space. All wrapped up in a bundle at the foot of the cot.

Now he lies spreadeagled, covers flung in every direction. He takes up most of the space in the cot. Soon we will have to move him into a bed... when did that happen?

Here he is on the first night at home... count the bars... only taking up 3 bars

Here he is last night... taking up almost 7 bars....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! There's a lovely song from Fiddler on the Roof called Sunrise,Sunset which puts these feelings into words so well. Guarenteed to bring tears to any parents' eyes!

PiaG said...

here are the lyrics...

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?

I don't remember growing older
When did they?

When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he get to be so tall?

Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

Wendy said...

you guys have got to stop this man, not a day goes by that I read the blogs and am not crying or wiping a tear away.

Funniy enough yesterday i was thinking it will not be long before a bed is in order. You send all this time finding the perfect cot and 2 minutes later they are toddlers * sob*

purpleronnie said...

Yes everytime I see this little guy I am amazed at how much he has grown - he's really a little boy now with such a gorgeous smile that melts your heart!

Oh ps If you're looking to make some money, we will be in the market for a cot at some point in the next 8 months???

xxx

Fiona said...

Time is cruel, if only we could control it better. Time Management - Bah!!! I can remember like yesterday when we drove home with our precious Wendy and put her in her moses basket, then Andrew and look at them now. It should slow a bit when you give up work, but if you get busy with your painting etc it will start to fly again. Take care of yourselves and I hope to see you soon. Nana Fi xxx


The Fan-Damily

Site Meter