WELCOME to my blog - glad you could visit!

Hi. I'm Pia. And here is where I post stuff.
(with spelling errors - sorry).
Hope you enjoy your stay!!



Thursday, November 15, 2007

Alice in Wonderland ... With a passing nod to 3WW

I have stumbled into an alternate reality.

Every now and then I read something that is so well written that... (At this point I don't know what to say because I can't possibly hope to convey what I want to say with the same succinct wit and wonder as these people).

I want to crawl into my shell and hide because these people simply know how to combine words in a way that I never will. Some people play with colours on a canvass. Some people play with numbers on a spreadsheet. Some people play with notes on an instrument. And while I admire all these people, my deepest respect is for those who know how to play with words. While I am a struggling little steam train, they are fully fledged express engines, chugging out wit and wisdom at alarming rates.

Shantaram is such a piece of writing. As is my latest favourite blog (If you read only one blog this year ). I'm not sure why I was so taken with this blog. Maybe it was the title. Or the quote "If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down..." Maybe I was just in the mood.

I am really not sure how I stumbled across this blog. I think the invisible hand of the universe took over my mouse while my brain was out to lunch. And now I have discovered a whole new world of blogs. A whole community of bloggers - each as wacky and weird and wonderful at the next one. Pia is well and truly down the rabbit hole.

Now, I see why (or.... pause for dramatic effect....i.c.y), blogging may just become dangerous for my highly addictive, easily-led-astray personality.

Here are a few other sites that are also worth a mention.

WLON - Wonder Land or Not
MizBohemia

13 comments:

Truefaith1963 said...

I know just what you mean!!
I deleted all my work on Myspace recently - I was too embarrassed after having read some really good poetry. Having said that, I love being creative and this is such good therapy!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you mean.I love your writing and I think it is far more interesting.Perhaps you are underestimating yourself and your talents-just a thought!!
Self deprication is easy-but it doesn't come from a place of love for oneself and ones gifts.And you have a tremendous gift Miss Geach.
Just keep on doing what you love to do and we the readers will keep on enjoying what you have to share.

TC said...

I had the very same feeling about Bone's blog. I happened upon it quite by accident, and I think actually stayed to read the first post or two simply because I couldn't believe someone could be so cocky as to name their blog that.

Hours later, still reading I realized it wasn't cockiness that gave the blog its name. And also that there had never been a blog so aptly named.

The amazing thing? I still feel that way every single time I click on that link.

Welcome to 3WW :)

Tumblewords: said...

I think your writing is great, your photos wonderful. And it's a good thing to be connected to 3WW!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mini notation.
I'm not a mother but I have several bogging friends who are and I am always fascinated by the different life they lead. I often wonder what they were before. Were they different? The same? Do they remember.

Your baby is adorable.

Blogging is very addictive for some. Good luck with it.

Your friends will not understand. ;)

You write very well I will follow along.

Anonymous said...

I think that your writing is excellent. You have very good taste in both names, Pia :) and bloggers--as Bone, Cooper, and MizB are three bloggers I have known for way over two years

Your baby is adorable. I also wish you luck with your blog

Jujee said...

Nice piece - creative, witty and interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I agree, Bones blog is cool.

Your family photos are great. Looks like y'all have a lot of fun together.

Anonymous said...

I should have added that you express yourself in a fresh, open way. I disagree that your writing is inferior in any way. Keep writing!

Sue said...

Life's like that - just leads us astray for our own good! Glad you're having fun with your blog, I always enjoy reading yours, you just need to update it more often! And, Shantaram is one of my all time favourite books too. I can't wait to re-read it!
See you soon
XXX

Bone said...

Wow. Thank you so much for the kind words.

I agree with the others about your writing. But I know how you feel. I always think everyone else's writing is better than mine. But I do love to write.

Linda Jacobs said...

That i.c.y is inspired! Never thought of it that way but glad someone did!

I know what you mean about blogging! It's 10am and I've got tons of cleaning and laundry to do but what am I doing? Yup! ~Linda

poefusion said...

I know what you mean by others writing so well. I write poetry and I feel inferior to most of the other poetry writers. But, I still write because I love it so much.

I love the pictures of your family. The angle at which they are taken from makes them stand out even more. You have a beautiful family.

I loved your take on the word icy. That was a very clever usage.

I went to amazon and looked up Shantaram because I hadn't heard of this book before and found myself reading the excerpts 'til I couldn't read anymore. I will definitely be purchasing that book. It is so well written from what I read. Thank you for the mention.

Lastly, welcome to 3WW.
Have a nice weekend.


The Fan-Damily

Site Meter